Immobel, listed on Euronext Brussels since 19th September 1863 (ticker IMMO – approx. market capitalization of over € 400 Mio, total assets over € 920 Mio, # 90 staff), is a major player in property development in Belgium, in GD Luxembourg and in Poland. Its business covers the office, residential and land banking sectors, ensuring the diversification of its portfolio of projects. Its vision of the market and its expertise enable it to design, develop and manage ambitious real estate projects that create long-term value while respecting the environment and integrating the major issues facing society.
In the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, IMMOBEL Luxembourg (www.immobel.lu) is a partner in its own right in the domain of coherent and sustainable territorial development. Mostly active in the many districts of the capital, but also on the periphery, IMMOBEL Luxembourg uses the knowledge it has acquired over time to the service of ambitious and high quality projects.
In Luxembourg, IMMOBEL Luxembourg possesses a portfolio of large scale projects, winners of urban development competitions and recognised for their environmental performance: the K-Point building at Kirchberg, Vertigo at the Cloche d’Or, Aire/Lavandier at Hollerich, the Kons Place building at the station and many more still to come. Because of increasing development projects, the company is looking for a:
Technical Director - an experienced high-caliber professional with at least 10 years of experience.
• Overseeing and directing construction projects from conception, tendering to completion
• Reviewing the projects in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs and technical specification
• Overseeing all onsite and offsite construction aspects to monitor compliance with time and quality requirements
• Oversee and lead multiple construction projects from planning phase to completion providing strategic and professional guidance
• Provide the Head of Technical Department with advice and expertise on critical issues regarding the projects and their implementation including scheduling deliverables and estimating costs
• Coordinate all onsite and offsite construction aspects ensuring compliance with contractual conditions
• Constantly improve the technical solutions of the delivered projects. Question the proposed solutions by the architects and engineers in order to obtain the solution with the best price/quality and the best NLG/GLA ratio.
• Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
• Share experience in order to enhance the level of liaison with local authorities and administrative bodies
• Manage possible escalation of contract disputes to support the delivery of Permit to Use on time
• Build an effective partnering culture with general contractor companies to ensure collaborative effort is applied where appropriate
• Proven working experience in construction management of recognizable office and residential projects including high-rise buildings
• Advanced knowledge of construction management process, means and methods with special attention to modern building technologies
• Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
• Practical understanding of all facets of the construction process
• Familiarity with construction management software packages
• Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
• Excellent time and project management skills
• Fluent English enabling efficient business communication
• MS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
Erwin JACQUEMYNS on +352 621 025 165 or +32 475 61 21 39 or email@example.com.